DRY MOUTH AND BAD BREATH
By G. Brooks Haney, DDS on July 01, 2019
HALITOSIS AND DRY MOUTH OFTEN GO HAND-IN-HAND. DRY MOUTH IS POTENTIALLY A VERY BIG CONCERN AND CAN LEAD TO AGGRESSIVE DECAY.
SO WHAT DO YOU DO?
- GET TEETH CLEANED REGULARLY
- CHECK WITH DOCTOR TO SEE IF MEDICATIONS ARE A CONTRIBUTING FACTOR
- A GOOD ELECTRONIC TOOTHBRUSH
- VARIOUS SPECIAL NON-ALCOHOL CONTAINING MOUTHWASHES
- DRY MOUTH PRODUCTS - DENTAL PRODUCTS DEVELOPED FOR THE DRY MOUTH SUFFERER
- FLUORIDE IN DELIVERY TRAYS, MI PASTE, ENAMELON GEL, HOME FLUORIDE
- AVOID CERTAIN LOZENGES
- DRINK MORE WATER - KEEP IT BEDSIDE
- RINSE REGULARLY
- XYLITOL CHEWING GUM AND LOZENGES
- LESS ALCOHOL, TOBACCO, COFFEE, SOFT DRINKS
- CONSIDER A FLUORIDE DELIVERY TRAY
- HAVE AN EXAM FOR DETERMINATION OF POSSIBLE SLEEP APNEA OR SLEEP DISORDERED BREATHING
“I can't say enough good things about Dr. Haney and his staff! They truly care about their patients and they are the best that I've ever experienced.... I would like to express my sincerest gratitude to Dr. Haney and his wonderful staff!” Vivian S.